written by john c ashworth
Are you stuck?
Are you struggling?
Are you feeling like no matter what you do, the results you desire just won't come?
Spend a couple hours this afternoon, or as soon as you can getting cozy with the following exercise. Spend some serious time answering the following set of questions with honesty, clarity, and your mind clear of distractions and judgements about the process.
Remember, you're responsible for everything you have or don't have. You're responsible for everything you create in your life.
Spending quality time with an exercise like this one is a choice. A relatively simple one that most people ignore.
What will you choose?
- What have I learned from my failures and mistakes that will be of service to me in the future?
- What have I done to entitle me to a higher position in life?
- What is education and how can I educate myself?
- Does it profit me to strike back at those who have injured me?
- How can I find happiness?
- How can I succeed? What is success for me?
- What main achievement to I wish to attain before I finally lay down the tools with which I am tinkering and pass over the great divide? What is my definite aim in life? What shall be my legacy?
It is on that last point that I wish to ponder for just a few more moments...
Is what you're doing now, and how you go about doing it in line with what you feel will bring you happiness and a lasting legacy that continues to inspire people long after you're gone?
Or, did the answers to these questions startle you?
If startled, good!
When you have aligned your true happiness and success with your daily actions and pursuits, your legacy will be allowed to sing to the world.
I look forward to seeing what you discover.