How to become a renegade millionaire
written by john c ashworth
First, I want to give credit where it warranted here. The term ‘renegade millionaire’ was coined by Dan Kennedy as part of an entire program he created to inspire you to think very differently about how you go about your business and your life.
I searched for a long time this morning and worked for a little longer than that trying to find a different combination of words to describe this idea, but as usual, Dan nailed it with this phrase so I’m repeating it here because it’s worth repeating and at least at this moment, there is no better way to describe it.
The idea is that you need to stop following the masses and doing what everyone else is doing. In fact, doing the opposite is almost always a better strategy. Especially when it comes to sales, marketing, and running your small business. Don’t copy others blindly. That’s a blind kind of faith that is similar to those who follow certain religions for no other reason than their own often unconscious choice not to question the authority. In fact, when you look the word ‘renegade’ up in the dictionary, the word ‘apostate’ is listed as a synonym, and describes a person who abandons his religion, party or cause.*
To be successful and to become a millionaire you must adopt the following traits. All of which fit nicely into my own personality and make-up. All of which make it that much more challenging to get along with others, because they so often run contrary to the status quo. That’s just something you’re going to have to get used to.
Renegade Millionaire Traits
- Think Different.
- Nurture a contrary mindset.
- Adopt and cultivate a worldview that attracts and creates success.
- Re-define your industry norms.
- Ignore conventional wisdom – reading the ash flash is a great start 🙂
- Go against the flow and run into the fire.
- Put yourself into a category of ONE!!
- Break-free of your instinctive survival behaviors, because they typically run counter to profitable creativity and REAL Innovation!!
- Demand productivity and profit from every business venture you engage.
- Be in charge of your own life.
- Remember, you are exactly where you want to be right now, like it or not. Accepting this universal truth is your first step forward into a great and transformative unknown.
Good luck. I’m here if you need me…
*I prefer the Collins AZ dictionary and thesaurus on my iphone – it’s terrific! I have many different reference books here in the ash flash workshop. In fact, at the beginning of last year, I spent a good bit of time doing research on the plethora of choices we have when it comes to the dictionary and thesaurus. The AZ is one of the best and most convenient and comprehensive and it runs like a champ on my iphone.