...this idea originally posted on July 21st, 2019 - added to "when the spirit moves me." -John
Thanks for stopping by.
John Ashworth here...
Seemed like a good idea today to start this list. I'll come back to add items "as the spirit moves me." That's how an old fitness client I coached used to describe his running routine. "I go when the spirit moves me, John."
I always remembered that, because it resonates with me in my own on-going pursuit of fitness over 50.. One faces many challenges in this pursuit.
Where does that drive to exercise come from?
I'm not entirely sure, but I'm sure glad I have it. And I do everything I possibly can to cultivate its continued presence.
Sunday ideas for inspiration
OK, a good run or long walk are two great Sunday ideas to start with, but I want to share at least one other idea here that might inspire you today.
Get yourself a copy of this book,
written by Bob Burg and John David Mann
Peace! ...and happy sunday 🙂
PS Before I go. Here's one more I have not had much time to explore as much as I want to yet but has already enlightened me on multiple occasions.
Brain Pickings has a free Sunday digest of the week's most interesting and inspiring articles across art, science, philosophy, creativity, children's books, and other strands of our search for truth, beauty, and meaning.
Finally, here is a great and inspiring list of ideas for actions you can take on Sunday that will catapult your Monday and more.
- Clean your fridge. Toss everything that's questionable
- Clean out your car
- Clean our your purse, handbags, and briefcases. Lunch boxes too if you carry one. And you should be...
- Prepare health snacks and plan for them each day
- Prepare your Monday morning breakfast on Sunday
- Put some food in the crockpot or instant cooker for dinner today and leftovers tomorrow at lunch
- Drink plenty of water today
- Write your Monday morning to-do list
- Map your weekly goals
- Don't forget to take some time for yourself and do NOT feel guilty about it! This can include your yoga class, walking, exercise, or just some time on the front porch with your favorite book and a tall glass of something cold and is anything other than alcohol.
- Make time to catch-up with family and friends
- Clean your closet.
- Put your wardrobe in order.
- Iron your clothes in advance.
- Iron your shorts
- Iron a few t-shirts - it just feels good
- Check the weather and plan your wardrobe for the week too.
- Make sure your gym clothes and gym bag are in order too. Got enough shampoo? Clean towels? Lotion? You know the drill. And if you don't, let's make it happen.
- Get your trash ready for pick-up Day. Mine gets picked-up on Tuesday but it's always nice not to have to worry about it on Monday evening.
- Get off the couch and get outside. Go on a hike. Sit on your porch. Mow your lawn. Do something outside.
- Read The Ash Flash to stay inspired for the week.
- Treat yourself to something nice. Report back with your ideas. I'm always looking for inspiring ways to check this one off the list.